Catalogs of educational components
Catalogs of academic disciplines (as well as course projects and works, practices, qualification works) contain an annotated list of disciplines offered to students of all levels of higher education: first (bachelor's), second (master's) and third (PhD).
At the Faculty of Chemical Technology NTUU "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute" the following general approaches to the formation of normative and selective parts of the curriculum are specified:
- Development and / or updating of the list of educational components (disciplines) at the faculty is carried out by a working group headed by the chairman of the educational and methodical commission of the faculty.
- The working group considers proposals for the development (updating) of the list and content of educational components (disciplines) coming from stakeholders, including guarantors of educational programs, heads of graduate departments, higher education seekers, employers, etc.
- The working group analyzes the methodological, informational and logistical support of the educational components (disciplines) proposed by the teachers of the graduating departments
- compliance with the standard of the specialty, demand by stakeholders (relevance of the discipline from the standpoint of development of the relevant sector of the economy, the direction of research, demand for relevant competencies in the labor market, etc.);
- staffing (scientific degree, academic title of NPP, advanced training, experience of teaching the discipline, feedback from students on the quality of teaching);
- educational and methodical support (program and syllabus of the discipline, textbooks, manuals, methodical recommendations);
- information and didactic support (availability of presentations, video materials, demonstration materials, etc.), material and technical support (availability of equipment / software for laboratory classes / computer workshops).
- The lists of educational components (disciplines) selected by the working group are approved by the Academic Council of the Faculty of Chemical Technology and published on the websites of the faculty and graduating departments.
- For the content and quality of teaching the educational component (discipline) in the educational process are the responsibility of the teacher and the head of the department, which is assigned to teach the relevant educational component (discipline).
- Enforcement student's rights of chemical-technological faculty on optional subjects of educational disciplines is carried out according to the Law of Ukraine "About education", the Law of Ukraine "About higher education", Regulation on procedure of enforcement of students' rights on optional subjects of educational discipline students of NTUU "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Politechnic Institute", Regulation on procedure of enforcement of students' rights on optional subjects of educational discipline students of chemical-technological faculty and other normative documents of NTUU "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Politechnic Institute".